FAQs on Pay Later Scheme of MCA
1. What is Pay Later Facility?
Currently, payment for MCA21 services is required to be made at the time of form upload/ SRN generation itself. Ministry has introduced ‘Pay Later’ facility through which user can upload the e-Form/ generate SRN for MCA21 services in one step and make the payment at a later point in time using the online payment mode (Credit card or Internet banking).
An e-Challan shall be generated by the system at the time of e-Form upload/ SRN generation. User shall be required to make the payment within the validity date as per the e-Challan.
2. When will the facility be launched?
This functionality will be available w.e.f 20th March 2012
3. What all modes of payment shall be available through Pay Later?
User can make the payment through online payment mode i.e. Credit card or Internet banking through Pay Later.
4. What shall be the validity of e-Challan for payments done through Pay Later?
The validity of the e-Challan for Pay Later shall be based on the date of event and the date on which the e-Challan is generated. The same shall be mentioned on the e-Challan generated.
5. Is this option available for all kind of payment related to MCA Services?
6. What if the required fund is not transferred with the time limit?
If the payment is not made within the expiry date as mentioned on the e-Challan, the SRN shall be cancelled and no service shall be delivered in respect of the SRN.
7. What is the process for making payment through Pay Later?
While making payment on MCA21 portal, user will select ‘Pay Later’ option as mode of payment. An e-Challan will be generated along with the SRN details.
User shall have to make the payment within the validity period as mentioned in the e-Challan.
For making payment, user shall have to login to the MCA21 portal and click on the link ‘Pay Later’ under ‘Services’.
User shall enter the SRN for which payment is to be made and select the mode of payment (Internet banking/ Credit card).
Upon successful payment, payment receipt will be generated and displayed to the user.